A message from Vanessa Hasted 04.05.2020
We have been awarded £1500 from Carers Trust to provide swift support to carers throughout the COVID-19 situation. You can support carers to access the fund through our normal Carer Fund process.
In order to provide a quick service, as normal, please complete a support plan showing the need and what the carer hopes to achieve through accessing the fund. Please then complete the CHWF application form over the phone with the carer and return to Carer Funds with COVID-19 Application as the subject line.
Carer Funds will then review the application and pass to me for a decision. This fund is to support carers from 1st-30th May only. We need to make the £1500 stretch as far as possible so please encourage carers to apply for only what they need. The maximum amount to be applied for per carer is £300 – this also applies to parent carers accessing this fund. When this £1500 has gone we will email again to let you know to revert to normal process. Applying to this fund will not prevent carers applying to CHWF later in the year for health and wellbeing reasons.
Examples of eligible items and activities include, but are not limited to;
- Purchase of household items
- Assistance with the purchase of food
- Purchase of laptops, tablets and software
- Essential home repairs (that cannot wait for the restrictions to be lifted)
- Purchase of mobile phone equipment or data allowances
- Transport costs associated with essential journeys (e.g. to purchase food, pick up or drop off medication)
What will the Fund NOT cover?
- Grants for young carers (aged 5-15)
- Utility bills and payments such as gas, electricity and water
- Credit card bills or debt repayments
- Long term replacement care
- Specialised equipment such as wheelchairs
- Motor vehicles and their maintenance
We hope to be able to apply for a further pot in June. Applications to regular Carer Health and Wellbeing fund can be made as normal.
Any queries, please let me know: Vanessa.Hasted@CarersSupport.org.uk