Autism Awareness Week runs from 29th March to 4th April this year. Find out how you can get involved on the National Autistic Society website.
Support for friends, families, partners and parents.
Are you living with an autistic person, supporting them in some way? You may be a partner, friend, parent or family, helping with an understanding ear, or more emotional or practical support.
When things get tough for those we care about, a little help for ourselves can go a long way. At Carers Support West Sussex we can support you with:
- Carer response line and online support
- Information, signposting and referrals to organisations that may help you and the person you care for.
- A call from someone with knowledge and understanding of autism to discuss your queries and caring role.
- Carer groups facilitated by someone with knowledge and understanding of autism to meet others to share experiences and information.
- A monthly email with autism information for carers.
- And much more! For more information visit our webpage for carers of autistic adults.
Positive Approaches Partnering Autism ( PAPA) Workshops.
It is not too late to join the upcoming free PAPA workshops. The workshops are for parents/partners of autistic adults aged 16+ who live in West Sussex, facilitated by our partners from Alongside Autism, and our carer wellbeing worker, Nathalie. The next workshop on will be on Saturday 24th April, 10:00-12:00 and will be about relationships. If you have difficulties with booking, please contact us on 0300 028 8888.
Click here to book via Eventbrite.
Useful links and resources
The National Autistic Society has very extensive information on autism, both for autistic adults and carers as well as professionals working with them.
They also offer support, whether from their Helpline, their Parent to Parent service or more specialised services such as education support, transition and their autism inpatient mental health service.
Ambitious about Autism have support including insight about education, assessment and diagnosis and a parents handbook.