Welcome to Carers Support West Sussex volunteer resource centre. This gives you access to all the volunteering resources in one place that will support you in your role as a volunteer from Induction to becoming an established volunteer with our volunteering team.
Learning & Development
You will be given access to West Sussex County Councils learning and development portal where you can apply to attend courses relevant to your role along with many online sessions covering a wide range of topics. The volunteering team will request a new user account for you to access and be approved for the courses available.
Mandatory Training for all Volunteers
- In order to gain an understanding of GDPR please first undertake this WSCC e-learning course. This should take you no longer than 15 minutes.
- Then view the CSWS presentation here.
- Volunteer Privacy Statement – how we hold and store your data and your rights to access.
- Book onto a half day adult safeguarding session through WSCC.
Carer Group Co-facilitators
- Carer Group Training session – 2020 dates will be published once arranged.
Support for Volunteers
Workplace Options Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
As a volunteer you can access our EAP programme for practical, emotional and lifestyle support on a range of topics as well as access to online counsellor. To access the Workplace Options EAP service you can either call the helpline number 0800 243 458 (once through to the service you will then be asked to give our name ‘Carers Support West Sussex’) or online through the website:
Username: Carers Support West Sussex
Volunteer & Mentor Reviews
Your mentor will arrange with you a time for your first 1-1 as outlined in induction. This is an informal opportunity to discuss your volunteering role, learning and development opportunities and give and gain feedback on the role. The following is to help you to arrange and log these sessions with your mentor:
Claiming Expenses & Submitting Timesheets
We provide all volunteers with their out of pocket expenses for travel, mileage and any other actual incurred expenses in relation to your volunteering role. These are reimbursed direct to your bank account on a monthly basis. We also ask you to record your time you spend volunteering with us including travel, training and admin time you may incur including submitting your timesheets/expenses.
- You will be provided with log-in details to access your account to submit your expenses and timesheets through Simply Personnel.
- Simply Personnel Guidelines
- Staff Forum – feedback any questions through the form at the bottom of the Volunteer Team page.
Your personal details
You can also check the information we hold on you is up to date and we have the correct emergency contact details. This information is only seen by HR, volunteering team and your approver.