We involve and welcome volunteers from all areas of the community and levels of expertise and skills. The main skill we look for is the ability to listen and have empathy. An understanding of the issues that carers face is always an advantage but not essential. All our volunteers have an induction into Carers Support West Sussex that covers our vision, values and how we support carers.
What we offer to our volunteers
- Induction training prior to starting in your role
- On-going role related training from our in-house training programme and/or external agencies
- An allocated volunteer mentor to guide you in your role, which includes regular reviews for a chance for feedback, continued development and support. (For counselling roles – clinical supervision arrangements are provided)
- Regular volunteer team meetings and an annual social event (optional)
- Reimburse any expenses directly related to your time volunteering with CSWS
- Provide insurance cover for you whilst you are undertaking any duties as a volunteer
- Have your voice heard and your contribution valued as part of a growing team within CSWS
Carers Groups Co-facilitator – Chichester, Horsham and The Witterings
Role Description: You will support the locality worker at a local venue where carers can meet with their peers and are enabled to share their experiences, meet with other c...
16 June 2022
Carers Groups Co-facilitator – Arun
Role Description: You will support the Carer Wellbeing Worker at two local venues (Littlehampton & Bognor) to host a Carers Group, where carers can meet with their peers, a...
16 June 2022
Counselling Records Archiving Assistant
Role Description: We are looking for someone with administration and IT skills to join our Counselling Service to archive the counselling records on to our computer system...
17 May 2022
Carers Groups Co-facilitator – Online Parent Carers Group
Role Description: You will support the Wellbeing Worker at an online Parent Carers group where carers can meet with their peers and are enabled to share their experiences, ...
13 April 2022
We offer counselling placements supporting our carers with counselling sessions through the emotional wellbeing service. To apply for a placement we require that you have ...
19 July 2021
The “Digital Champion” is part of our Connecting Carers Service to connect carers socially and digitally. We will match you with a carer who needs some support to ena...
18 December 2020
Check in and Chat Telephone Befriending
Role Details The “Check in and Chat Telephone Befriending” is part of our Connecting Carers Service that matches carers with volunteers who will make regular social calls w...
23 October 2020