Each year Carers Rights Day brings organisations together to help carers in the local community know their rights and find out how to get the help and support they are entitled to.
About Carers Rights Day
Whether you are a new carer or have been caring for someone for a while, we believe that it’s important that you understand your rights and are able to access the support that is available to you as soon as you need it. Each year, Carers Rights Day helps us:
- ensure carers are aware of their rights
- let carers know where to get help and support
- raise awareness of the needs of carers.
We have prepared a resource for Young Adult Carers (YAC) outlining your rights to benefits, housing, employment and how to receive a Carer Assessment:
- Information about SEWS (Supported Employment West Sussex)
- Frequently asked questions and answers for carers in relation to employment
- Case studies
Hear from Jacqueline Clarke-Mapp, Carer Leader at Sussex Partnership NHS Foundation Trust, about The Triangle of Care (ToC) membership scheme and how it helps unpaid family and friend carers across Sussex: