Each year Carers Rights Day brings organisations together to help carers in the local community know their rights and find out how to get the help and support they are entitled to.
This year Carers Rights Day is 25 November.
About Carers Rights Day
Whether you are a new carer or have been caring for someone for a while, we believe that it’s important that you understand your rights and are able to access the support that is available to you as soon as you need it. Each year, Carers Rights Day helps us:
- ensure carers are aware of their rights
- let carers know where to get help and support
- raise awareness of the needs of carers.
The theme for Carers Rights Day 2020 was ‘Know Your Rights’
Carers need to know their rights wherever they are in their caring journey: whether they are in the workplace, in a healthcare setting, when interacting with professionals or at home. We want to empower carers with information and support, so they can feel confident asking for what they need. We also want carers to know how to challenge things when their rights are not being met.
- Information about SEWS (Supported Employment West Sussex)
- Frequently asked questions and answers for carers in relation to employment