- How We Can Help
- Cared for Condition
- Carer Toolkits
- Carer Assessments
- Carer Benefits Advice Service
- Carers Emergency Contact Card
- Carer Equipment Service
- Carer Health and Wellbeing Fund
- Check in and Chat for carers
- Contingency Planning
- Counselling Service for Carers
- Hospital Admission Support
- Refugees and Asylum Seeker Carers
- Rest and Respite
- Local Area Support
- Get Involved
- For Professionals
- About Us
Our Policies and Procedures
Our vision, values and strategic aims have been shaped by the experiences of local Carers. We actively seek feedback on the quality and delivery of our services and the impact these services have on carer’s lives. The plans, policies and procedures that support our aims can be viewed on this page.
Equality, Diversity and Inclusion
Carers Support West Sussex values diversity and recognise that people with different backgrounds, skills, attitudes and experiences enrich the communities we serve contributing fresh ideas, valuable insights and new perceptions to the way our organisation works either as carers, staff or partners.
Our aim is to be an inclusive organisation that promotes a culture that values differences where diversity is fully embraced and respected.
We are committed to challenging all forms of discrimination or disadvantage and aim to ensure that no individual or group is directly or indirectly discriminated against for any reason with regard to employment or access to services.
Positive about Disabled People
Carers Support have gained Positive About Disabled People accreditation and have been given permission by Jobcentre Plus to use the Two Ticks symbol, having made the following 5 commitments:
- to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for a job vacancy and to consider them on their abilities
- to discuss with disabled employees, at any time but at least once a year, what you can both do to make sure they can develop and use their abilities
- to make every effort when employees become disabled to make sure they stay in employment
- to take action to ensure that all employees develop the appropriate level of disability awareness needed to make these commitments work
- to review these commitments every year and assess what has been achieved, plan ways to improve on them and let employees and Job Centre Plus know about progress and future plans
Other Useful Pages to Read
Strategy Aims & Objectives
Our vision, values and strategic aims have been shaped by the experiences of local Carers...
Family and friend Carers can help prevent neglect, abuse or harm. Carers Support is working in partnership to prevent neglect, abuse or harm...
Supporting All Communities
We recognise that Carers, staff, volunteers and partners with different backgrounds, skills....