- How We Can Help
- Local Area Support
- Get Involved
- For Professionals
- About Us
Combined Carer Emergency Contact Card/Carer Discount Card
The well-being of someone who depends on you can be a source of worry, especially if you were to experience an accident or sudden illness. The Carer Emergency Contact Card (CECC) should give you some peace of mind.
Peace of Mind.
The CECC enables Carers to create a Carer contingency plan in advance, ensuring that the person they care for will receive the necessary support and assistance during an emergency or accident.
- Carers have access to 24-hour telephone response service
- Opportunity for stronger contingency planning in case of emergency
- Identifies you as a carer
- Offers peace of mind as a carer
- Discounts and special offers across the county
The Carer Emergency Contact Card (CECC) is available to anyone who looks after a family member, friend, or neighbour in West Sussex.
The CECC serves an additional purpose as a carer discount card, granting access to a variety of exclusive offers and discounts within the West Sussex area, benefiting carers in various ways. Although CSWS is no longer issuing separate Carer Discount Cards, any carers holding a valid card can continue to use them until their expiry date.
How To Apply
How Does The CECC Scheme Work?
As an Emergency Contact Card
Each card is assigned a unique reference number linked to Taking Care's Emergency Resolution Team. When a call is received, the handler can access your emergency arrangements and contact your specified individuals. Available 24/7, the confidential system uses the reference number for identification, with no personal details on the card.
As a Carers Discount Card
The CECC serves an additional purpose as a carer discount card, granting access to a variety of exclusive offers and discounts within the West Sussex area, benefiting carers in various ways.
Although carers support is no longer issuing separate Carer Discount Cards, any carers holding a valid card can continue to use them until their expiry date.
Explore the current participating businesses.
Terms and Conditions
- Carers need to be registered with Carers Support West Sussex
- Cards can only be used by one carer – additional family members can apply for their own CECC, if they are registered as a Carer with Carers Support West Sussex
- Cards are valid for 3 years
- For the discount card, businesses will offer a discount as described in the directory, although on occasion some businesses will offer one off/ short term offers to card holders which will be communicated via email.
- Carers Support West Sussex are not endorsing the services or products included in this scheme.