Ways to Get Involved
Carers Support West Sussex is committed to placing carers at the heart of all we do to achieve the best possible personal outcomes for every carer. Through our Carers Voice Network (CVN), we provide regular information about engagement opportunities and training for carers in West Sussex, so that they can represent a united voice of unpaid carers.
As a member of the CVN, you can:
- Share your experiences and offer feedback to help raise awareness and recognition of the demands of being an unpaid carer;
- Help plan events and activities to increase carer identification;
- Point out what is overlooked in the commissioning of local services;
- Help co-design and develop a service as an Expert by Experience;
- Strengthen carer influence at a local and national level by building a collective voice.
- Sign-up to receive email updates about carer surveys, consultations and steering groups in your local area. Please contact email@example.com to join the mailing list.
- CVN Member Update – January 2020
- CVN Member Update – February 2020
- CVN Member Update – March 2020
‘Be the Voice’ Training:
- Complete our ‘Be the Voice’ training to help prepare you to represent carer related issues as a Carer Representative at external meetings.
Carers Planning Group:
- Volunteer as a Carer Representative and help us to plan and deliver events for Carers Week (June) and Carers Rights Day (November).