Are you caring for someone with early-stage dementia? And looking for some time out?
Tapestry Day Club (TDC) could be the answer you are looking for. TDC offers stimulating day support in small groups for people living in social isolation and with early-stage dementia, in the comfort and safe environment of their hosts’ family homes. TDC intentionally limit group sizes to give guests the time and space to form lasting friendships, feel at ease and be valued. The days are about the guests gaining confidence, becoming energised, re-engaged and finding their voice.
Guests benefit from an imaginative and sociable day with a delicious home-cooked, two-course meal. All the hosts are carefully vetted, and their homes risk assessed. They are trained and have the qualifications needed to provide the highest standard of support. Transport is part of the service and therefore hosts’ cars are insured for business use.
In summary, TDC offers:
- Day care within its hosts’ family homes.
- Transport, if needed.
- Small group sizes, a maximum of six.
- Regular club days, allowing friendships to flourish. TDC operates on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays.
- Optional memory-boosting activities tailored to the interests of individual guests.
- A hot, home-cooked, two course lunch, with menus catering to the guests’ tastes.
- Please note our hosts are unable to provide personal care for guests.
Locations covered by this service
The hosts work roughly within a five-mile radius of their homes, which are currently situated in: Ditchling, Rudgwick, Storrington, East Grinstead, Horsham, Mannings Heath, Broadbridge Heath, Southwater, Hassocks, Beare Green and Pease Pottage.
For more information about the day and our rates, visit www.tapestrydayclub.co.uk or contact us on 01403 610345, or email email@example.com