Carer Response Line: 0300 028 8888
Our Carer Response Line is open six days a week for information and support for Carers in West Sussex. We have extended opening times on Wednesday evenings and Saturday morning for those Carers who may be working during normal business hours.
Monday 9am – 5pm
Tuesday 9am – 5pm
Wednesday 9am – 7pm
Thursday 9am – 5pm
Friday 9am – 5pm
Saturday 10am – 12pm
If you’re finding it hard to pick up the phone, or a telephone conversation isn’t convenient, our Online Carer Wellbeing Workers are available to chat when you see the image (below) in the bottom right corner of the website.
Out of hours emergency contact information
Where to find out of hours assistance
Carers Support West Sussex does not provide any emergency or out of hours services. Instead you may wish to contact the following:
- For immediate emergency assistance – Dial 999
- For non-emergencies, you can call the police on 101 and get medical advice by calling 111
- To talk to someone, contact Samaritans – call free on 116 123 or email email@example.com
- Alternatively, present yourself at your local A&E department, open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, anyone can visit free of charge. To find your local A&E search on the NHS Choices website.
- For adult social care support – call 01243 642121 or email firstname.lastname@example.org An online form is available here.
- West Sussex Mental Healthline – call 0300 5000 101 Telephone support and information is available 24 hours a day
- Concerned about a child call MASH – phone: 033 022 26664 5.00pm to 8.00am weekdays, with 24-hour cover during weekends and bank holidays, to speak to a social worker.
- Drinkline Advice – call free on 0300 123 1110 (weekdays 9am – 8pm, weekends 11am – 4pm) For those worried about their own, or a loved one’s, alcohol use.
- DrugFAM – call free on 0300 888 3853. Open 9am-9pm, 7 days a week. For those affected by someone else’s drug or alcohol addiction or bereaved through drug or alcohol use.
Send us a message
The Orchard, 1-2 Gleneagles Court, Crawley, West Sussex, RH10 6AD
19 Liverpool Gardens, Worthing, West Sussex, BN11 1RY
Dove Lodge Community Resource Centre, 49 Beach Road, Littlehampton, BN17 5JG